3rd Annual Niagara Social Justice Forum
Saturday, April 4, 2009.
9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Pond Inlet, Brock University
FREE ADMISSION! ALL WELCOME!
And new this year! Cycle to the Forum as part of a bike pool!
Details: Gather at 8:00 am at Westchester and Glenridge.
Wear a helmet and dress for visibility.
Organized by Garden City Alliance for Sustainable Transportation.
2009 Schedule of activities includes:
– Nothing about us without us! ‘Photovoice’ as research & community development method
– Healing in Aboriginal nations
– Faculty for Palestine
– Arts Education and Social Justice: The Beautiful Women Project
– Migrant Workers in Niagara
– Finding Home: Working with LGBTQ Newcomer Youth
– Social Justice in the Classroom: A Diversity of Perspectives
– A featured performance of Tomson Highway’s “Dry Lips Oughta Move to Kapuskasing”
Also! Check out our evening coffee house!
Doors open 6:30.
‘Pay what you can’ donation
Live music, poetry and art!
Proceeds go to the artists.
The evening coffee house is hosted by the graduate students in Social Justice and Equity Studies, in partnership with Strega Café.
(Strega Café is located at 19 King Street, Downtown St. Catharines).